Quantum Quasar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quantum Quasar

A forum for students, or just those hoping to learn new things!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time should be metricised

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time should be metricised Empty Time should be metricised Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Kyx

Kyx
Admin

We should have 100 seconds in a minute and 100 minutes in an hour. This would mean that there are 8 hours and 64 minutes in a day. What we would do is we would have 4 hours in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. The extra 64 minutes we would have 32 in the morning, just after midnight, and 32 in the evening, just before midnight. This will be 64 minutes when all clocks will stop but they will tell you how long is left until the clocks restart.

Also, the months. They are too random. We will have 13 months with 28 days each. The extra day will be an intermission, that has no name like 'Sunday' or whatever. It just is. Every four years we have a two day intermission.

So every month begins on Sunday 1st and ends on Saturday 28th.

Now the names of the months. They will be:

March
April
May
June
Quintilis
Sextilis
September
October
November
December
January
February
Kyxtember

July and August have been renamed to what they were called before they named these months after Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar. Nobody should be egotistical enough to name a month after themselves. Naming months after Gods though is okay. They are also placed back in their original order.

Note that holidays and birthdays will not be held on the same day as they are now. For example, New Years Eve will no longer be December 31st but Kyxtember 28th, and New Years Day will be March 1st.

https://quantusinc.forumotion.com

2Time should be metricised Empty Re: Time should be metricised Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:25 pm

spotify95

spotify95
Admin

Um.... personally, I don't think that this would work, somehow.
I like the fact that time is partially metric (e.g. milliseconds, microseconds, nanoseconds etc) but converting hours, days, months etc into metric just won't work. Plus, how would this work if people have to manually stop their clocks every day?

if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

edit: and what's this "kyxtember"? Should there also be a Spottember as well?

3Time should be metricised Empty Re: Time should be metricised Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:08 pm

spotify95 wrote:Um.... personally, I don't think that this would work, somehow.
I like the fact that time is partially metric (e.g. milliseconds, microseconds, nanoseconds etc) but converting hours, days, months etc into metric just won't work. Plus, how would this work if people have to manually stop their clocks every day?

if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

edit: and what's this "kyxtember"? Should there also be a Spottember as well?
Don't forget a Teddytember too! :rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum